This movie was out in 1997- I was about 4 years old. Last night wasn't the first time I saw it, obviously, but last night was the first time I cried over the movie, which still is a legend in boxoffice as well as the cinematographic world as a whole.
I am always a huge fan and admire of Leonardo DiCaprio. A HUGE fan.. I once wrote a letter to him, never got a reply of course but I'm not always writting a fan letter, if you must know.
Titanic was, of course, the first movie of his I saw but it wasn't until The Departed that I fell in love with this striking blue eyed boyish man. And then there's Blood Diamond, Shutter Island, and many more. His new movies are always stalked and waited and seen. I even watched his really early works such as What's Eating Gilbert Grape and The Basketball Diaries.
I won't explain things like the plot and characters (because everyone has surely known those). I'd like to talk about how much feelings I felt after watching it AGAIN last night.
Titanic was I think the first movie I saw in VCD. It was rated "adult" by my parents (my Mom would tell me and my sister to close our eyes during the sketching scene and similar, if you know what I mean...) and I've always known the ending. Yeah... that sad sad saaaaaad ending.
It's actually a big question mark for me too: Why did I cry over an ending I've already known? Over a movie I've watched more than once?
It's not that it's the first movie I cried on multiple times (I've always cried on Harry's ressurection stone scene in the forbidden forrest since the first time I saw it), but it's weird because I never cried on Titanic before.
Last night, I felt the first sting over the real footage of the wrecked ship in the beginning of the movie. I just thought, "Oh, look at thaaaattt.... That was supposed to be the luxus door to the first class..." and I shed a tear or two, then... I completely wasted up when Jack died.
I think, the watching movie experience is much or less depended on the maturity levels of the viewers as well as its overall quality. Me watching Titanic last night wasn't the same as the girl watching it years ago, accompanied by my Mom.
Of course there're some unlogic things about the story itself, such as willing to die for someone you've known for like... two days. But hey... isn't it those surreal things that brought millions of people to the cinemas? Because real life is often predictable and boring. I myself prefer happy ended films because I seek entertaiment in movies, though many sad hardcore dark movies have made to my all times favorite list anyway.
Well, I definitely will watch Titanic again in the future. Many times more. Apart from the story, what I like most from the whole production is the behind the scene relationship between Leo and Kate, as well as the enormous attention on details that were put in the making of the movie.
I always believe that the quality of artworks is hugely depended on how much care of detail has been put in making it.
So, weeeeelllll doooonnneeee James Cameron. Well done Leo, well done Kate, well done the other casts and crews. Thank you so much for making such a wonderful movie.
And now Celine Dion's voice will be ringing in my ears for several days

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen