This Lighter
It isn't new. In fact, It has already broken.
I can see myself in it, like a mirror. But, it isn't shiny.
The metal body has many scratches, showing people what it has been through.
It has an inscription, showing an ox and a one-two sentences describing the personality of that Chinese zodiac.
"Marry a snake or a cock. A sheep can caught you in the trouble."
The lighter can bring light no more.
Since the only owner loose his light of life.
I miss the sound.
When it was opened
Or closed
Remembering me when he was smoking
All begins with that sound.
"Ctak, ctek"
The lighter is cold since it has fire no more.
Since it is used by no one.
It is only kept in my box for a while.
Yesterday, I played the lighter in my hand.
Opened it, then closed it.
Just to hear the sound.
It's been three years. I've never felt it like this. Never.
I never know, that three years could make something blur.
I thought only ten years do that. Or hundreds. Thousands.
But not three.
I never, and will never, meet or even see him again on this earth.
Neither touch him, nor talk to him.
Those make my memories of him sallow.
Layers by layers of new experiences cover the memories of him as my life goes on.
Buried them inside.
I don't want to forget.
Because dead man only lives in people's memories.
I don't want to kill him again.
So, I hear the lighter's sounds.
Open.
And Close.
Like he was speaking to me.
I miss you, Dad.
It's been three years and I always hope you've got your peacefull rests for these whole three years until the endless time.
Love you...

Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen